Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for DLM reset?

andarial
Grafter

Request for DLM reset?

Smiley
How do I go about asking for my line to be reset/retrained or whatever PN call it?
On a long line out in the boonies,errors always present
I was with sky llu previously and regularly had to request a retrain to keep my line @around 3008 mbps
PN started off at this but over the few months I have been here the speed has dropped to 2272
snr is about 12 but I can hear no noise when doing the quiet test on a corded phone
Any advise welcome
Hopefully a PN rep will spot this  Wink
14 REPLIES 14
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Request for DLM reset?

Hi there,
I don't want to risk a DLM reset as it looks like there's a deeper issue with the line which needs to be fixed first.
Tests have identified a type of line issue called a battery contact fault.
Luckily this is one of the types of fault we can report without the need for an engineer visit.
Please keep an eye out for an email with the ID of the support ticket I'm about to raise on your account for this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andarial
Grafter

ok thank you for this
As an additional note there is a tree branch in the wood that has falling across the BT line pulling it down under strain.Wonder if this has anything to do with it?
Happens a lot around here,BT eventually remove them and re fix the cable....eventually
andarial
Grafter

Any update on this?
Not had a ID of the support ticket you said you were going to raise yet? Cry
ANDARIAL Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,
It's ticket 115587779.
I've just chased for an update and was advised an engineer is being dispatched to resolve the issue today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andarial
Grafter

Thank You for the update Smiley
andarial
Grafter

Re
Question 115587779

Dear Mr
Thank you for your continued patience and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
I have just had notice back from our suppliers that today they have completed the required maintenance work on your line and you should have no further problems.

Still no change in speeds or a reduction of the high SNR
Would it now be possible for you to reset my connection please?
As i have lost approx 30% of my speed (was only getting 3 meg max anyway Sad and am getting 2 max now )
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The phone line is testing fine at the moment, and the broadband line isn't looking too bad either. I'm going to put the reset through now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
andarial
Grafter

Thank You
Speeds are now slightly better than I was getting a few months ago Smiley Smiley
andarial
Grafter

Cry
Spoke too soon
NR Up : 6.0
SNR Down : 15.0
Line Attenuation Up : 31.5
Line Attenuation Down : 63.5
Data Rate Up : 736
Data Rate Down : 2272
Back to what it was a week ago Cry Cry Cry
andarial
Grafter

Bumpski  Wink
andarial
Grafter

And another
No PN people about?
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Normally you shouldn't just keep getting the target SNR margin reset, because if nothing has changed, the target SNR margin will go back up and the speed will go back down.
The stats suggest you are on ADSL1, but the upstream is uncapped, so perhaps you are on 21CN and ADSL2 is available? Sometimes ADSL2 can be more stable than ADSL1, although the DLM is different, so if your line is dreadful, the DLM could reduce the speed even more with banded profiles. If you are on 21CN, I think Plusnet should be able to switch off the DLM and set a fixed target SNR margin, but again, this might not necessarily be a good idea, because you might end up with frequent disconnections or such high error rates that would reduce the usability or actual download speeds of your connection.
Also, what modem/router are you using?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Pretty much as ejs says, continually resetting the SNR isn't the answer really. We need to find the cause of what's making it increase and get that sorted.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
andarial
Grafter

Currently using a Billion 7800DXL router set to gdmt as adsl 2 has usually given worse speeds
Also have a few other routers like a asus n55u or a tplink 8960
In the past ALL have performed better on gdmt
I am about 4 miles ish to the exchange and about 2km from the cabinet
I realise that high speeds are impossible but was getting 3072 when with sky last year and for the first month or so with plusnet too
Any increase in download speed would be nice even at the expense of a drop in upload speed  Smiley