cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for BTW IP profile to be reset

deathtrap
Grafter

Request for BTW IP profile to be reset

As above  My  BT IP Has failed to update to reflect today's action by DLM  Fastpath appears to have been restored, and  my downstream throughput  is higher than the BTW IP profile, which hasn't changed  from what it was yesterday
I have reported this to Tech support  via the phone, and told that it will be added to the existing fault ticket, but it may take upto 72hrs !!! ?? To  put a request into BTW to reset their IP profile ,
I have  hopped gateways  no changes, Rebooted the modem twice, IMO there is something a miss with the BT ip profile /systems  and it needs sorting out, can someone from DCT help get this sorted out  as i don't want to have to wait another 72hrs  nor should i have to
49 REPLIES 49
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Request for BTW IP profile to be reset

I can see that the note has been added to the Fault Ticket.
BT Openreach will not complete a DLM Reset of any kind unless a physical network change has been made. Your IP Profile will update, it just sometimes takes a little bit of time, it's something that we'll need to wait for. It's a viable option for engineers to keep going out to reset the DLM for the IP Profile to be restored when it will do it on it's own accord.
deathtrap
Grafter

Chris today i wasn't asking for a DLM reset, Just the Stupid BTW IP profile  that refuses to update to the correct value, despite hopping Gateways  and even re booting the modem twice, i think if it was going to update itself it would have done so by now,  The BTW IP profile is supposed to update immediately  following any DLM event  not hours or days later , currently my throughput is being  wrongly throttled because BT systems don't work as they should, and it appears plusnet don't /wont do anything about it, So i'll ask politely one more time, please can you raise this with BTW  to  force a reset/update of  their IP profile ?
dick:quote
AndyH
Grafter

What's your sync speed vs IP Profile?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As I've already mentioned, it will update itself automatically. Even if we raise this to our suppliers, they will tell us that this will update automatically.
Unfortunately there on FTTC there is no manual intervention that can be done by ourselves or BT Wholesale. It's case of having to wait for the profile to update itself, which it will.
deathtrap
Grafter

Well having spoken to another isp regarding this, They would be on BTW 's case to get it sorted out, As it is supposed to update automatically  within a very short time frame, not several hours or days , why the apparent reluctance  to Get on to BTW  about it, as it obviously isn't working as it should do , so that should be seen as a fault with their systems
AndyH
Grafter

What's your sync speed vs IP Profile?
deathtrap
Grafter

Well thank's to BT openreach supplying a ECI modem, that's locked  I cannot physically see what my sync is, But when my throughput is exceeding the erroneous/Stuck IP profile  i think that is a clear sign that  the sync is above that Profile,  The TBB speed test shows burst speeds of 72-74mbps IP profile is Stuck at 71.58mbps  
dick:quote
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can't really speak for the other ISP that you're referring to, however, assuming they are using FTTC on the BT Openreach Network, they would be in the same situation as we are.
Raising this to BTw wouldn't achieve anything, they would simply pass the fault back to us to advise that the IP Profile will automatically update itself. Is the IP Profile being set as it is causing you any problems until it updates?
AndyH
Grafter

What's your PN Profile?
I suppose your IP Profile could have updated - it's just not been reflected on the BTw PT yet (which I assume gets the info from a separate database).
deathtrap
Grafter

If that where the case, then i wouldn't have my throughput restricted to just above the old IP profile ?  IMO Their IP profile system is flawed and should be scrapped altogether , But why Plusnet  seem so reluctant to help me i don't know, have they signed a secret pact with their brethren BT not to ever ague with them,and accept that are always right,?
What i want to know where is this fantastic customer support  that according to posts on this forum and other places used to exist  has gone?  This raises questions regarding the which awards
AndyH
Grafter

I'm a little bit confused here.
You say the IP Profile is showing as 71.58Mbps but you are able to download at 72-74Mbps.
I didn't think this was possible?
I thought the MSE/BRAS controlled the speed at which data is sent down your line to avoid data being sent at a faster rate than your line can handle.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

deathtrap,
I'm not sure what it is we can do to help you?
You've asked us to raise a case with BT Wholesale to get your IP Profile updated. Neither BT wholesale or Plusnet are able to manually intervene to have this updated. Whether or not the IP Profile/DLM system is flawed, we can't make the changes you're asking for.
deathtrap
Grafter

Can you please provide a print out of what the line is syncing at ect  currently , if it as i suspect  80mbps then my ip profile should have been updated to 77.44mbps by now, It is still set to the same value as it has been for the past 2 weeks  71.58mbps  this morning dlm  made changes   i'm back on fast path and i know the sync has increased  but the ip profile i suspect is stuck
See the PT results
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: deathtrap
The TBB speed test shows burst speeds of 72-74mbps IP profile is Stuck at 71.58mbps  

TBB speedtests can show bursts above sync speed, this is often caused by Antivirus or similar.
The BT IP profile is usually a reliable indicator of sync speed (can require a PPP drop to update though).
If Plusnet can provide the current sync speed that should confirm one way or the other.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.