Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request: SNR Reset

Lee0101
Grafter

Request: SNR Reset

Hi,
I had some internal wiring problems which nudged the target SNR to 9db.
I think the line has settled down now so can I request a target SNR reset back to 6db please?
Also, looking at my router stats I've noticed the Interleaver Depth is set at 1 which I read is exactly the same as having Fast Path switch on; is this correct?
Lee
3 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 162

Re: Request: SNR Reset

Sorry for the delayed response, looking at this now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 162

Your target SNR is 6db already, with interleaving off for your line.
The line is banded at the moment though, so you won't get any speeds higher than 9Mb/s until that's removed. I've removed it, but with the line quality showing as RED I'm not convinced that it won't get re-added again.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Lee0101
Grafter

Hi Chris, the line stats now show the SNR is hovering around 6db since you removed the banding but I didn't realise the line quality was that bad when you say it's showing red; no crackling and minimal noise on the line so maybe there's still problems with the internal wiring somewhere.
The thing is though, not too long ago I managed a record line-sync time, I think it was around 100 days or something with no noticable problems even with the SNR dipping under 6db quite a bit, especially at night. 
Hopefully the line will stay stable now.
Thanks for your help Chris.
Lee