cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated disconnects

andreas1999
Grafter

Repeated disconnects

Having repeated disconnections from the internet today. Anything going on?
19 REPLIES 19
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Repeated disconnects

There are a few disconnections showing:
http://community.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image14543188073216.png
Have you tried any troubleshooting yet? http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwdixon
Dabbler

Have you tried the trouble shooter that appears to be permanently unavailable!
dick:quote
cedlor
Grafter

Seems ok to me- at least as far as confiming my telephone number - does it give uip after that?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It errored on pwdixon's account but has reported the fault to us anyway, our faults team will get on to that asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwdixon
Dabbler

Quote from: cedlor
Seems ok to me- at least as far as confiming my telephone number - does it give uip after that?
This is what I meant (see attachment).
andreas1999
Grafter

I'll try the troubleshooter as the disconnects are still happening today
andreas1999
Grafter

Turns out I can't access the troubleshooter. It won't let me log in and the reset password feature just says I haven't types the verification code correctly.
cedlor
Grafter

It is the login and password for Plusnet  - may be different than for the forum
Can you log into the speed at plusnet link below?
If you get a result with that leave it open then try the troubleshooter - it will (I thnk) see yuo as still logged in.
andreas1999
Grafter

Thanks! I managed to login and do the troubleshooting. Apparently there is a fault with my line but sounds like it won't be looked at until Thursday. I think the tech people must be very busy.
cedlor
Grafter

Good at least its some progress- let us know how it goes.
andreas1999
Grafter

So the internet has gotten much worse since last time. It's been near unusable today. I'm typing this from my phone as the connection is currently down. Last note on my support ticket was that some job would be finished by 12 on Thursday but no word from Support since then.
Not sure how to get in touch with them either. I asked a question on the support ticket but haven't had a response..
pwdixon
Dabbler

It's like a conspiracy, they make it so difficult to contact plusnet.  Even what little contact points there are are buried so deep in their confusing circular website that its almost impossible to get through to them.  Good luck with getting your problem resolved.  sorry to say I'm not impressed with plusnet, sorry I'm not really helping but I wanted to vent and your post came along and was similar to mine
andreas1999
Grafter

I've had success with their support in the past but perhaps they're struggling to cope these days? If they didn't get back to me during the week I think I'll have no hope hearing from them over the weekend.
cedlor
Grafter

Yes  even thinner on the ground at the weekend  but you could try the  online "chat"  to see if thay can see anything. Have your ticket number to hand.