Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated DNS not responding

AverageUsername
Hooked

Repeated DNS not responding

Hello,

My broadband is cutting out repeatedly. According to windows troubleshooting it's because the dns server isn't responding. This happens at random intervals, sometimes several times a day for the last month or so.

I spoke to the chat and they went through the standard things; I live in an old house, it doesn't have a test socket. I've changed the DNS via the router and 'change adapter settings >> properties >> ipv4' in the control panel, to google, and then when that made no difference to Open DNS. Nothing changed the dropouts.

I was told there was a test on the line and they'd email me with the results in a couple of days - nothing came and it's been over a week. I'm not lying; it's gone off and come back 4 times in the time it's taken me to write this message.

Could anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Repeated DNS not responding

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Repeated DNS not responding

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

While line tests aren't finding the cause of the problem we can see the drops you're experiencing:

I'd recommend completing the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net which will report a fault to us. 

If you can drop us a reply back here once you've raised the fault we'll be happy to pick it up and pass it on to our suppliers/an engineer for further investigation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet