Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew contract renew router? Calling balrick1

FIXED
disgracie
Hooked

Renew contract renew router? Calling balrick1

Hope you see this baldrick…. You helped me 18 months ago set up HH6 to replace rubbish PN one. It’s been brilliant. Looking at new contracts and see I’ve been offered a decent deal on unlimited fibre extra, including a new hub two…. My question is simply thus.. is the hub two a significant upgrade on the old hub one which was rubbish for me and resulted in me replacing it with the Hh6. If I did renew my contract would the new hub two be an equal to my HH6? Any advice welcome. Thanks in advance……
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Renew contract renew router? Calling balrick1

Hello @disgracie . I’m still around.

The Plusnet Hub 2 has the same performance as a BT Smarthub 2. The main difference between these two hubs and your HH6 is that you can’t separate the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands on the newer models.

You can however set your own choice of DNS resolver on the Plusnet hub 2.

My advice is that you get one with your renewal and try it. It also has the advantage that it self configures.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

disgracie
Hooked

Thanks mate.
My only real concern is if the WiFi coverage would decrease with the plusnet two. Obviously I changed to the HH as the original
Plusnet one was awful and I wouldn’t want to commit to new contract at it wasn’t at least equal the what I have now in the HH
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Fix

@disgracie 

Your HH6 works seamlessly on ADSL, fibre and fibre extra, so unless you are moving to full fibre it will automatically connect to any of these services without you needing to touch it. The WiFi performance of the Plusnet Hub 2 has the same wireless performance. I would get a free Hub 2 if only to keep as a spare. There’s really nothing to worry about.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

disgracie
Hooked

Thanks baldrick, keep up the good work!