cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing cap on upload speed

diesel

Removing cap on upload speed

Hi there,
I have recently switched from another provider to Plusnet on the Unlimited ADSL package, and am finding the upload speeds much slower. I've read on here somewhere that they are capped by default, and it is possible to remove this cap for free. Could this be done? It's causing issues with VoIP and Skype so would be much appreciated.
(I'm also currently finding download slower, but I guess that's because the line's still in its training phase..? If not, is there anything that may be done to improve it eventually?)
Many thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Removing cap on upload speed

Hi,
If you'd like the upload cap removing, you can request this by raising a Support Ticket here: http://www.plus.net/help/?home=helptop
Could you run a full speed test at http://speedtester.bt.com and let us know what the results are?
Please ensure you run the ADSL Test and not the Beta tester Smiley
diesel

Chris,
Many thanks, ticket raised.
Please see results attached.
diesel

Just received a ticket to say my upload cap should be removed within 7 days.
I'm still seeing throughput of under 2 meg when I'm used to 4.5-5ish; am I on ADSL2+? Am I being impatient?!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just having a quick look for you.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've had a look and you're synchronising at 2300Kbps so your speed of around 2Mb would be about right. Your line is still in training though so it may fluctuate a little between now and when it has completed. The estimate for your line is 4Mb so we will wait and see how the training fairs out. Smiley
diesel

Chris,
Many thanks for taking a look. I'll see how things go over the next week-10 days, and let you know if things don't improve.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sure, please do. I'd be more than happy to take another look at things once the training period has completed.