Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove all telnet data from TG582n

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Remove all telnet data from TG582n

I restarted the router this morning in the hope that stats collected in the last nine days would be also reset. However, I see that has not happened. For instance the CRC errors figure is the same for nine days per the pre-reset router and the forty minutes for post-reset.
How do I clear the telnet data completely and start over with stats that do not include earlier activity figures; please?
The reason for this.
Over the last few days the CRCs and ESs have soared, and averages from a monitoring program are showing at 219288 and 3451 per hour. But as said above those averages include much old input.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
3 REPLIES 3
lotrjw
Grafter

Re: Remove all telnet data from TG582n

I don't know the commands but try this site: http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html for telnet commands of the TC582n.
dick:quote
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

It's not something I've ever tried to do so you will not find the command on the above site. Also I'm on a fibre connection now so I can't test this.
To clear the stats you could try the following telnet command:
xdsl info counters_reset=yes

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

AFAIK a factory reset should do that, the CLI command if you wanted to do that via telnet is: :system reset factory=yes proceed=yes
Obviously do be aware that you'd lose any config too so saving that first would be a good idea.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team