Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote trouble shooting my parents b/band

moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Remote trouble shooting my parents b/band

hi - my parents have an Adsl b/band service which I set up for them and which I pay for  -  they have been having issues with wireless coverage in their flat for sometime apparently it manifested as dropping connections to there Ipad  - they had been using facetime to stay in contact during lockdown. ( previously wifi in the flat worked fine) - however now a lack of internet is apparent

Upon visiting yesterday I ran a test on internet connection through router interface ( Technicolour ) which passed all tests  -UNTIL internet connection ( ie final step) where it failed.

As far as I can tell the login details are correct  -  I tried connecting a TPlink 9970 - but it failed to establish a DSL connection. a/c name  - [Removed]

Can someone take a look at there account / stats and check to make sure they are not having authentication issues  ( their router lights are not steady  -  and I was unable to connect using there details on a alternate router user name and pswd I used are correct as i have just logged into there account.

Thanks

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Remote trouble shooting my parents b/band

@moansalot Is the iPad the only connected device?

Is it permanently disconnected or just on occasion - if they are moving about a lot?

John
moansalot
Rising Star

Hi - the ipad is more or less permantely located in Living room and connects via wi-fi  -  the router is located in a bedroom and is connected to the pc by ethernet - no current connection with either the plusnet router or the tplink one tried with

As the router appears to be  failing to connect to the Internet the IPad is therefore not making a connection either.

Hence requesting Customer service team to check the connection status

jab1
Legend

OK. Unfortunately, the Help team don't visit here very often at the moment, so help is usually from other Community members.

Is the ethernet connected pc working?

John
moansalot
Rising Star

Hi - the PC was not connecting to the internet as I mentioned the router was failing the interconnection test  at the final stage

Thats why I was requesting support staff to check the connection from there end

I will be able to check again tomorrow and will try swapping the router again.

jab1
Legend

Sorry, @moansalot - must have missed that.Embarrassed

John
jab1
Legend

When you visit today, could you take a shot of the DSL connection page - details, and the Event Log please, and post them here when you have chance - they may give us a clue.

John
moansalot
Rising Star

Thanks John  - will try from my moby/hotspot

I have not yet raised a fault ticket - but that's probably my next step

Cheers

moansalot
Rising Star

Hi - problem solved  - I installed a spare BTHH5 at my mothers  - and she is now connected to the world again  and Wi-fi to her IPAD is working also

Thanks for your assistance

jab1
Legend

Glad to hear that, @moansalot . I'll remove the topic from my 'pending' list.😀

John