cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote desktop connection stoped working

pnandy
Hooked

Remote desktop connection stoped working

Can anyone help me with this? For months my remote desktop connection was working fine, then a month or so ago it suddenly stopped connecting at all, I have swapped out routers at home but this makes no difference, however if I connect via a 4G wifi hotspot from home the connection connects fine, or if I connect via a friends wifi it is also fine, based on this I can only assume there is an issue with the Plusnet connection somewhere.. I am have a static IP address so it should be possible to trace what is happening if only someone at PN would take a look, I have sent a PM to Bob Pullen but this received no response.

I have spoken with support but they can't help as apparently VPN connections are not supported?

I have been with PN for many many years and have no desire to leave, but if this cant be fixed I can see no alternative other than to go to another supplier, anyone else have similar issues? is there any hope for me?

Thanks Andy

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Remote desktop connection stoped working

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue. We'll do what we can to help.

What happens when you try to connect to the VPN? any errors, screengrabs etc would be helpful to us.

If you can also provide the results of a traceroute to the IP of the machine you're trying to connect to that should help us identify the problem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pnandy
Hooked

Adam, Thanks for taking a look at this I have PMed you all of the tech details.

Regards Andy

pnandy
Hooked

Adam, Just wondered if you have managed to take a look at this at all?

thanks Andy