cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reluctantly leaving Plusnet

jjaycee1
Grafter

Reluctantly leaving Plusnet

I have now got FTTP through BT and asked Plusnet to cancel all of my phone and broadband account as of Friday 21April.

I am unsure despite calling Plusnet, if this has actually been done because I was told it would be done automatically between PN and BT. I obviously don't want double charges fro the period. Since I want BT Sport on Sky through BT instead of PN I asked for that to be cancelled as well and PN confirmed they cancelled it but i would still get it through to the next PN billing date.

This is what i am concerned about as it implies I am still with PN until my next billing date but my phone and FTTP is with BT since 21April.

Would a PN rep please seek confirmation that I am now completely without any PN obligations or potential charges beyond 20th April, or explain to me what the procedure is, as i am still unclear.

Many thanks.

I would like to take this opportunity to thanks PN for their great support over the last few years and have nothing but praise for their product and support. I hope that after 12 months BT will have allowed PN to use the new FTTP infrastructure and that I can then rejoin PN. Unfortunately this is not initially a service PN can provide as I assume BT have shut the door to others for 12 months to recover some of the infrastructure costs.

7 REPLIES 7
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Reluctantly leaving Plusnet

What nonsense have you heard that's given you the impression that you can only get FTTP from BT, and not other providers such as Zen?

The only thing stopping Plusnet providing an Openreach based FTTP service is Plusnet themselves. Plusnet have been offering it as a trial for quite some time.

jjaycee1
Grafter

The "nonsense" is actually from PN. My situation is probably a bit unique. My location is remote and 5 miles from the exchange. BT had been installing cabinets in the populated areas around an en route of the exchange. However they decided for economic or technical reasons that the homes at the end of the line would have fibre cable direct to the houses. My installation was completed and activated on 21 April and I have a 300Mbps connection. BT will not be opening up the line to others for a while. Everyone else on Fibre from this exchange is via a cabinet and at up to 80Mbps. You can see why I am not complaining. I have gone from downloading at 200kbps to downloading at 40MBps.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

It's not really that unique. FTTP is quite often supplied for very sparsely populated and remote rural areas.

Could you post a screenshot from the BTWholesale availability checker please? Just to double check this is regular FTTP and not FTTP on Demand.

I really cannot believe that BT "not opening up the line to others" is true.

jjaycee1
Grafter

The link you gave would show my phone number so i will not be submitting it. Checking for Fibre on all the "availability" sites shows Fibre available from other suppliers but they are all for Cabinet connections and only available IF I had a cabinet they could link me to. Non could as there is no cabinet, hence FTTP.. I tried all the other suppliers and FTTP was not available to them.

Anyway we are totally off topic now, as my post relates to someone from the PN team to clarify my situation regarding whether or not my account is now closed.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@jjaycee1 - suggest you ask a mod to move it to My account/billing.

John
jjaycee1
Grafter

I agree and have posted this now in that forum. A mod should therefore remove it from this forum.

My error, I realise that it should have been posted there in the first place.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)

Thread locked in favour of https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Reluctantly-leaving-Plusnet/m-p/1433995

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine