cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular timeouts accessing pages

Petez5

Regular timeouts accessing pages

Hi,
Hoping someone can help or advise with an issue I am facing.
When accessing web pages through either of two Windows laptops (Windows 8 and 10) I regularly get timeout messages or sites failing to fully load (without images or styling). I have tried different browsers (Chrome, IE, FF) and no change. When connected to my work VPN I can browse fine without ever seeing a timeout or problem - using the same laptop.
I also have several other devices connected to my router - iPad, Roku TV box, phones etc. and get no problems at all with these, can browse fine.
I initially assumed it must be a problem with the laptop but seems strange it would be happening on 2 different machines and also that the problem goes away when connected to my work VPN on the same laptop.
Can anyone advise what I might be able to try or run to diagnose the issue? I am using the Technicolor TG582n router.
Thanks
Peter
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Regular timeouts accessing pages

Hi Petez5,
Sorry to hear about this.
I can see straight away from checking your account that this appears to be due to a dropping connection issue.
Please head over to http://faults.plus.net for some checks to rule out a few things on your side, once done that will also give you the opportunity of reporting a fault with us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Petez5,
A warm welcome to the forums.  When you encounter these problems, have you been dropping the Internet connection (bouncing the router)?  Which router is it please?  Reference to Win8 and Win10 raises a flag...
When this happens, again, can you please launch a CMD window, ping the website which is failing and note the IP address in the attempted ping.
This is either a complete red herring (in which case just follow Adam's advice) or something needing specific action (possibly different to Adam's advice).
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Petez5

Hi,
I tried going to http://faults.plus.net but after the first couple of questions got this and can't seem to start over. Tried yesterday and again today on different laptop and still the same
Broadband Troubleshooter - Error
There's been a problem
Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help.