cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular disconnect every morning

kmw350
Rising Star

Regular disconnect every morning

Lately I have had a disconnect every morning without fail, usually around 7.15am.
Does anyone know why this would happen, and is it likely to result in my line speeds being lowered - how many / how frequent must disconnects be before it affects my download speeds? Should I consider turning the router off each night?
Fortunately the connection is pretty consistent all other times, so it's a very minor thing, but I am just curious why it should do this every morning.
Thanks
Keith
4 REPLIES 4
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Regular disconnect every morning

Hi,
There is nothing obvious causing the issue from our end. Other than these drops, your connection is stable so you should be OK DLM wise.
The drops that I've seen aren't happening at exactly the same time every day, so this would seem to rule out a router time out which was my first though. Do you have anything electrical coming on at this time perhaps?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
kmw350
Rising Star

Hi,
thanks for the reply. Yes you are right, it is sometimes just after 6am and sometimes after 7am, but always in that hour or so. As for electrical equipment, we are getting up at that time, so there could be dishwasher, washing machine, boiler, tv & other things, can they cause this to happen ? That would be interesting to know.
However it has only started happening in the last month, so I'm not sure what it might be. Anyway, I am grateful to know it is unlikely to affect my line speeds,
Cheers
Keith
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

If it was happening a lot more often throughout the day, it would more than likely cause problems. As it is, you should be OK.
Generally, with it being about the same time everyday, I was thinking some form of REIN (electrical interference). I've seen multiple devices do this before, but if it was a television I'd expect the problem to continue whenever it's on.
Do you have any new electrical equipment recently installed? Of course, it doesn't have to be yours, I've seen peoples neighbours equipment cause problems. This is of course assuming that this is REIN and not something unrelated.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Keith,
If this happens often enough, it could impact your speeds.
If you would like help from the community to look at this more closely, then please post your modem stars and other information as listed in the speed issues thread.  It might be beneficial to run 24x7 monitoring using RouterStats, but that's for later on.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.