cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular Loss of Broadband connection

KestralUK

I want to ask for some assistance with a problem experienced by my sister-in-law who is also a PlusNet customer (after being referred by me).
She and her family have been using PlusNet broadband for a couple of years with no problems.  However for the past 6 to 8 weeks they have been finding it increasingly difficult to get connection to the Internet in the afternoon and evenings. 
It now seems impossible to get a connection after about 3.30 pm.  Sometimes it is possible to get a connection after 6 pm but on other occassions it can be as later at 10 pm before they can connect.
They are using two MAC laptops connected via a LAN.  Their monthly peak time usage is below their allowance.  There would seem to be no problem with the wiring and the modem and the connection settings asince it is possible to connect to the Internet at other times.
As yet no ticket has been raised.  My question is what is the likely cause of this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
When they cannot connect can you tell me whether the sync light is on on the router (this may be labelled DSL or sync)?
KestralUK

Re: Regular Loss of Broadband connection

Thanks for responding.
They have a Cable and Wireless Modem.
The ADSL light comes on and stays on.
There is also a light labelled ACT.  When the computer and modem are started up this light flickers rapidly.  On the occassions when the attempt to connect to the Internet fails the flickering slows and then the light goes out.
The modem is an ADSL2+ 108 mbps and the operating protocol is 11g.
One other thing i forgot to mention before.  If they manage to get connected to the Internet before 3:30 then they stay in.  They do not lose connection as the efternoon/ewvening progresses.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:Regular Loss of Broadband connection

I'd suggest they try using a different microfilter, ensure the router is plugged into the master socket of the premises without any extension leads and then see if the connection issues continue.
If the problems continue do, raise it as a fault to us at faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
KestralUK

Sorry for the tardy update.
The problem went away before Christmas.  It was after a number of BT engineers were seen working at each end of the road.
Thanks
KestralUK
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for the update, good to know it's working after this time Smiley
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.