cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regraded to ADSL2+ .......... I'm I capped ???????

Traders

Regraded to ADSL2+ .......... I'm I capped ???????

Moved to Plusnet several weeks ago and haven't seen any difference from my old ISP until I raised a ticket asking if I had been regraded to ADSL2+.
To cut a long story short I was finally regraded and I saw my speed increase from 7616kb to 13556kb on Tuesday. Great. only to find that my router had rebooted today and now I'm only receiving 9452kb. Why ?
Has anyone else experienced this??  Is this the norm Huh Or have I been capped Huh
6 REPLIES 6
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Regraded to ADSL2+ .......... I'm I capped ???????

Hi traders, welcome to the forums Smiley
Logging in here
Will give you the current rate of your line:
Mine:
Current line speed:
4.5 Mb

I guess we are talking sync speeds here, well - the problem is its quite possible that the telephone exchange DLM equipment is being conservative, during the first 10 or so days it attempts to find the best line speed, for which your broadband is stable) Reconnecting in the late afternoon will give a slower sync speed than early morning,
You are *not* being capped, Plusnet has no control over your sync speed - this is purely down to BT and their equipment. What you will probably notice is "SNR" has increased on your adsl stats pages, This means the exchange has set more "margin for error" (e.g. noise or interference) which should mean you get more stable broadband (at the expense of fast speeds)
Still, very respectable speeds Smiley
Its worth noting that having long exttensions and lots of devices plugged into the phoneline may not help (by adding interference at your end)
Regards
Traders

My router rebooted again but overnight, now recording 12556Kb. It looks like they are doing something at the exchange with the line. Maybe I was too quick out of the blocks to complain. Lesson learned. Wink Wink Wink
matt_2k34
Grafter

lol Traders, Always the way Smiley
This list isnt always complete but.... Planned BT Engineering works  -- Also has a graph of mass connection / disconnects, huge spikes could mean major issues with BT Tongue (or major maintenance)
Can find your exchange in the list, will let you know of any downtime to expect. The site does have a bad certificate (believe its because its a self-certified site, but ive used it many times. Smiley )
12.5Mb sync is not bad Smiley
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Matt_2k34 Your link is taking me to
https://clueless.aaisp.net.uk/pew.cgi
and I am warned that the site is not to be trusted.Were you aware; has the link perhaps been hijacked? It's a bit worrying.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Yes im aware.
Please read the original post  Shocked
The site does have a bad certificate (believe its because its a self-certified site, but ive used it many times.  )
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Ooooopppps. Embarrassed It's those old eyes. Grin
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.