Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referring a new person not presently connected to the Internet

davidhil
Dabbler

Referring a new person not presently connected to the Internet

Hello there,
Can anyone point me in the direction on information as to how to set up a referral for a person who is not at present connected to the Internet?
I am in the process of setting up a PC for a friend which will use Windows Vista and would like him to use Plus Net as his ISP. I will be able to provide details of his Bank Account in order to set up a Direct Debit and any other information which is required. I do not know if this is possible using my own connection which I would like to do, and any information will be welcome.
Kind regards,
Davidhil
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Referring a new person not presently connected to the Internet

Hi David,
Great to hear that you'll be taking advantage of our referral promotion.
There is absolutely no reason why you cannot sign them up using your own connection.
Mark
Grafter

I do not know if this is possible using my own connection which I would like to do, and any information will be welcome.

Hi there and thank you for considering referring your friend to us.
It is absolutley possible to sign them up using your connection. Only thing really to bear in mind is that you ensure that you are not logged into the portal with your details as you start the sign up process.
Simply visit www.plus.net and start the sign up journey using your friends details and voila it will be sorted. Smiley
If you have any questions or queries dont hesitate to ask.
John_Essex
Grafter

David
Just to confirm that as Mark states there is no problem using your working connection to sign up a new account.
It is something I have often done and it works with no problem.  Smiley
davidhil
Dabbler

Hi there everyone,
Many thanks for your advice which I appreciate. I will be applying as you suggested.
As a matter of interest the application will be for a 90 year old who has a great brain and wishes to "keep up with modern technology"!
Kind regards,
Davidhil