Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ref: ib.adnxs.com keeps being blocked ~ rightly it seems

Routefinder
Grafter

Ref: ib.adnxs.com keeps being blocked ~ rightly it seems

Hi All
Not sure this is the right sub fora but here goes Smiley
Just this evening my ESET Smart Security 7 has been popping with blocking os a url with this leader ib.adnxs.com I Googled it and it does look like a nasty is lurking within so I am gald ESET has detected and blocked it.  Next time it detects I will note the IP address because I cannot find it in the ESET logs???
However, if this is generalised threat surely PlusNet can add this a BlackList or IP and URL's ?  Edit ~ found the filtered websites list and it does not log the IP though the "alert does show it" the setting that is blocking is 'Blocked by PUA Black List'
3 REPLIES 3
kenneth50
Grafter

Re: Ref: ib.adnxs.com keeps being blocked ~ rightly it seems

Eset is a good AV plus firewall, i use it myself. have you made sure your on Detected threats page under logs. If nothing is showing there look under firewall in the same area.
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi Kenneth
As mentioned in my "edit" I did find ref to the threat in the filtered websites log......................but the thing that still puzzles is why they have started cropping up??? 
Could it be that a web page I have kept open on a tad has had a malicious link embedded recently as I certainly have not knowingly added/opened the URL that I noted  Angry
kenneth50
Grafter

its more then likely the webpage you was on either had a ad with a link to that site or the link was directly injected into the site. With the way the internet is more then likely the latter was done.
You can find this out just looking at the page source code using your browser.
Its more then likely in a iframe.