cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reeeally slow - and very little usage showing on VMBU

LiamM
Grafter

Reeeally slow - and very little usage showing on VMBU

Well it has been a jolly long time since I last posted on here!
Having serious speed issues with my office connection at various times of the day.  Right now on a speedtest I'm getting around 300kbps.
Interestingly, though, despite 2GB/day being about normal, there is 700KB of usage showing on VMBU for me today and it has been like that all day.  Thought I could have picked up a bad or 'default' profile so rebooted the router but not a lot different.  High Speed Broadband link on the Portal says 6500 and I don't think it's my IP Profile.
I'm plugged into the test socket on the master socket.
Any ideas?  Potential PN issue?
I'm on old skool Business Premier.  Username 'originalorganics'
4 REPLIES 4
LiamM
Grafter

Re: Reeeally slow - and very little usage showing on VMBU

P.S.  Serious speed, huh!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Liam,
Your BT IP profile is only 1000k and your sync rate is only 1600, this will be because your SNR is a whopping 30dB. Have you any idea what might have caused that? Can you tell me if you're using any extension cables/sockets? Do you have a test socket you can plug into?
I'll be happy to reset the SNR but wouldn't like to do it if an issue is still apparent.
Jojo Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Liam
I'm plugged into the test socket on the master socket.
Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for pointing out my fail, Strat Wink
Liam, I take it you mean the one behind the faceplate? (sorry if it's daft question)  Have you replaced the filter? If you have done both of these since the issue, I'll happily reset it. Just don't want to do it beforehand because if the problem was internal and it returned it'd be another 10 days before we could do it again.
Jojo Smiley