cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced Service Notice - No Word from PN and router playing up!

damiencannell

Reduced Service Notice - No Word from PN and router playing up!

Hello

Having spent 45 mins trying to get through on the phone and still waiting (for nearly and hour) to get on the chat im turning here for help......

On the 2nd Feb I received a Service Notice from PN telling me that They could not provide me with my PN Pro service and they have removed it whilst they try and fix the problem.

Its been a month and I haven't heard anything. My router is also playing up and I cant get some devices to wirelessly connect to it.

2 questions before I get a deal on BB with BT....

1. Has my service been restored and If not when will it be?
2. Can my router hardware or firmware be upgraded? If so How do I get this done as every time I look it just bounces me to the questions page where I cant raise a question....grrr

Any help much appreciated as i'm massively frustrated with my service right now and dont feel like Plusnet is 'Doing Me Proud'!!

Thanks
Damien

2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Reduced Service Notice - No Word from PN and router playing up!

Hi there

I am sorry to hear your Pro Addon was removed. I've looked through the tickets on your account and I'm struggling to find where we advise you of this. Can you private message me with a screenshot of the email please?

I believe you've since chatted to one of my colleagues and we've re-added it for you.

If you would like an upgraded router the best way is to speak with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting option 1, then option 2). They're closed now, but back open at 8am tomorrow. Usually zero to very little wait to get through to that department.

We should be able to offer you the new Hub One, replacing both your Openreach Modem/Technicolor router for the P&P of £6.99.

Apologies that you're not able to raise a question online, we have replaced the ticket system with webchat as it allows us to provide a more efficient service. Appreciate it doesn't feel that way because of the queues. Something we are looking into resolving as we are still recruiting and training new advisers.

I hope this helps.

+Edit+

Thank you for your PM @damiencannell

The email seems genuine to me. Leave this with me, I'll get some clarification regarding this for you tomorrow from our network team once they're back in the office.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Reduced Service Notice - No Word from PN and router playing up!

Thank you for your patience @damiencannell

We removed the Pro Addon and provided a pro rata refund because at the moment the feature doesn't have the desired effect. I believe it's something we're working on fixing, but I'm unable to tell you when it'll be working again.

If you would like to remove it, you can do this yourself at the Addons page.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button