cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirected to BTWholesale page

mousehook

Redirected to BTWholesale page

Hi,

Since 27/02 around 14:00 I have been unable connect to the internet using a wired or wifi connection. Every time I attempt to use the internet I get redirected to the following page :  http://62.6.38.125/index.html

And on my home hub page it shows the following warning : "You may be subject to a BT network outage. Wait 10 minutes and the press the connect button"

I have been on the phone to support a number of times to go through trying to resolve the issue but they have kept telling me to try again later - restarting the router etc. On plusnet end it seems that my connection is all correct as they have apparently done tests while I was on the phone to them to check the line connection and saw the login attempts made by my router.

On the Connection status page it shows as connected with IP : 172.16.88.XX .

If I attempt to ping google using command prompt i can see it hitting 62.6.38.125 making me think this is actually something wrong between plusnet's service and BT openreach...

dialing code 01603 

postcode NR10

I have attempted to find details of outages in my area but with no joy.

Any help, directions or people having the same issues please post.

Thanks

Ben

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Redirected to BTWholesale page

The 'who.is' website tells us this about the IP address to which you say you are connected:

NetRange:       172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
CIDR:           172.16.0.0/12
NetName:        PRIVATE-ADDRESS-BBLK-RFC1918-IANA-RESERVED
NetHandle:      NET-172-16-0-0-1
Parent:         NET172 (NET-172-0-0-0-0)
NetType:        IANA Special Use
OriginAS:
Organization:   Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
RegDate:        1994-03-15
Updated:        2013-08-30
Comment:        These addresses are in use by many millions of independently operated networks, which might be as small as a single computer connected to a home gateway, and are automatically configured in hundreds of millions of devices.  They are only intended for use within a private context  and traffic that needs to cross the Internet will need to use a different, unique address.
Comment:
Comment:        These addresses can be used by anyone without any need to coordinate with IANA or an Internet registry.  The traffic from these addresses does not come from ICANN or IANA.  We are not the source of activity you may see on logs or in e-mail records.  Please refer to http://www.iana.org/abuse/answers
Comment:
Comment:        These addresses were assigned by the IETF, the organization that develops Internet protocols, in the Best Current Practice document, RFC 1918 which can be found at:
Comment:        http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc1918
Ref:            https://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-172-16-0-0-1

What you seem to be saying is that your router is in sync, so connected to the exchange equipment, but you can't log into Plusnet. Could it be that your router has had a glitch and has found a random IP address from somewhere? The first thing to try is a factory reset of the router by pushing a paperclip into the hole on your router and holding the switch closed for about 30 seconds. If it is a fairly modern router (Hub Zero or Hub One) it should then automatically reconfigure itself. It will take a little while. If it's an older device you will need to input your user name and password in the same way as when you originally received it.

Fingers crossed!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

This rather suggests that the router has lost your user account details.

You need to log into the router and check them / set them up manually.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

From what I can see this is sorted now?

Let us know if you're still having issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team