cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red linternet light on router

Nige62
Grafter

Red linternet light on router

A few times the red internet light has come on on our router and only goes off after switching off then back on again. I thought that if red it was saying there was no internet connection but this is not the case. Both net and email (outlook) work fine and there is not even any speed drop.I have never actually been using the computer when this happens as it is usually over nite and when I say all works ok I mean the next morning but the light is still red. Does this sound like a router problem or is it nothing to worry about ?
        Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Nige62
Grafter

Re: Red linternet light on router

Phoned PN this afternoon, they can find nothing wrong and say it might just be the light on the router that is faulty, and to see how it goes for now and if we do actually lose internet then to phone them back. Thought things had gone too well up to now !
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Nige62,
The red (or possibly orange) light can be nothing to worry about.  Some of the TG routers do show red when all is actually well.  If it shows red repeatedly and will not synch with all the lights going off, then you might have a problem router which needs to be replaced.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Mine has a habit of coming up with a red internet light and everything works as it should
Eventually - when I get sick of it as it is a bit bright I just go to http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/bb/?be=0&l0=2&l1=-1 and click on disconnect then after a short while connect and it fixes it