cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red internet light

sophsmiler

Red internet light

Hi there can someone please help me as I cannot get my Internet connected I've been trying for 2 days now and the internet light still remains red. I've tried everything gone through endless amounts of videos, forums and support pages. I've restarted the process of setup and factory resetting themail router over and over I am without a doubt putting the correct username and password ( my user/pass) in the broadband basic settings press connect then it will say connecting for anywhere between 5 and 15 mins then say disconnected so I press home and it states " We couldnt connect you to the internet. Please check your username and password and then press the Connect button" ?? I've checked my account online and everything is ticked saying broadband is activated and I'm really running out of ideas now. The live chat isn't available for some reason and I cant be doing with the call centre they just repeat themselves and don't listen. Cheers appreciate any help
3 REPLIES 3
sophsmiler

Re: Red internet light

Can anybody help me please?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

If you can PM us your username we can look into this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
AllanJLB

Sophsmiler - that could have been written by me!

I switched from "N...... telecom", and it should have been effective on 15th. Only the router and broadband had not been ordered internally. After a very serious conversation, the router arrived on 16th, & I then found myself in Sophsmiler's situation. I do home-based work for a large charity, and no internet is a disaster, having to use my mobile phone as a local hot-spot, but that's useless for webinars/on-line meetings.  As it's claimed the reason "could be"  a suspected fault on the line, a Fault Ticket (potential cost of £65!) has been raised,  but no time window for fixing it. This doesn't square up with having had broadband & internet access for the 10yrs we've lived at this property, and was  working fine until dropped on 15th as old ISP discontinued its service.

Switching is supposed to be smooth & trouble free - but so far this has been an unmitigated disaster, demonstrating that this company is no better than the one I've just left. Really sad.