cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red internet light on router

clagmonster

Red internet light on router

Good morning all,

I have recently completed a house move and have transferred my Plusnet account. I have had an engineer visit to my new property and was advised broadband setup would be completed by midnight.

On my 2704n router, the internet light is a steady red. All other lights function as normal.

I have tried a factory reset with a paperclip in the back of the router, I have also tried to raise a ticket with Plusnet but it warned me I may be charged for another engineer visit. I have also tried visiting 192.168.1.254 but haven't managed to get anywhere.

Does anybody have any advice please? Would be grateful for any suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Red internet light on router

@clagmonster Welcome  to the forum.

I see that you posted this at midnight, is it still off? Have you got the date right?

Is the telephone working? Have you removed the master socket faceplate and tried your hub in the test socket that you will find in the back box?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Midnight on what date?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @clagmonster,

I've taken a look at your account this morning and it looks as though there's now an active service. Is this the case from your end of things?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
clagmonster

Thanks all for getting back - it is appreciated.

The problem was fixed after a call to customer services on Saturday morning. Seems there was some form of clerical error with the order - The Mighty AJ if you could pass on my thanks to the lady in Leeds who helped me it would be appreciated.

To answer the queries, in case this thread helps other users with issues:

Baldrick, I posted soon after midnight as I waited for developments until then - the completion date was Friday 28th May but I waited until midnight as per the instructions in the email. I hadn't removed the face plate.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @clagmonster

Thanks a lot for your response, and we're really glad to hear that you're up and running. I've passed on your feedback to the lady that activated your services on Saturday morning. Feel free to give us a shout if you need any further assistance at all.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Typo corrected.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds