cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red internet light on router

Farreall

Red internet light on router

Woke up today and our internet had completely stopped running and the router is now showing a solid red LED on the ‘internet’ label.
I’ve already tried the “turn off for 15 minutes” and then the “factory reset” solutions mentioned in the instructions manual but still a solid red light shows on the router.

Any community help or guides on what else I could try would be greatly appreciated! 🙂
2 REPLIES 2
jethrobull
Hooked

Re: Red internet light on router

Hi.

Not sure where you are based (could be an area issue?) Do't suppose you have another microfilter to try?

I was having disconnection issues yesterday but fortunately I had a few microfilters and changed it. It's been fine since.

Farreall

Re: Red internet light on router

@jethrobull Thanks for responding. We're based just outside of Doncaster, South Yorkshire. I don't think it is a filter issue just because we had working internet up until yesterday, it then suddenly switched off and never came back and now we just have a solid red light on the box since.

If anyone else is looking for answers on this. I finally got through to tech support on the phone (after over an hour of waiting!) and they said it was an area issue that had now been raised with the supplier (BT). They said it was an issue that they where now aware of and it would be fixed sometime between today (28/03/20) and next Wednesday (01/04/2020). Hopefully, this will fix our issues and we can re-try connecting over the next few days.

Also, i'd just suggest people check their phone lines are working, ours is totally dead currently which makes it easier to isolate the issue as external. Once our phone works again, and we can dial out numbers we'll know we have a connection to our phone and we'll try re-connecting the broadband.

Hope this helps others!