Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light on Internet - New Customer

FIXED
aharis
Hooked

Red Light on Internet - New Customer

The engineer came out and connected my line today and I’ve been trying to connect to the internet all day.

Lights are all green except the Internet one which is red.

I’ve connected the hub to my laptop using the Ethernet cable and gone on the settings. It appears there is someone else’s username allocated. I have tried to change it to mine but it keeps defaulting back.

I’ve tried to contact PlusNet on the phone but the line seemed to be dead (rang from mobile)

Please could some help
18 REPLIES 18
Aggie
Hooked

Re: Red Light on Internet - New Customer

Evening all
Same issue here (NI), Internet dropped out around 8pm and can't login to router at all with my username or as admin, nor can I get through to customer service on the phone - line goes dead. Chat not available. My phone line is fine (tried phoning another number and it connected), wireless/ethernet/broadband all "working" but insisting on a sign in which never works. Maybe a fault somewhere that hasn't been listed on the service status yet? Relieved to hear someone else is having the same experience although apologies that I'm not much help to you Aharis Sad
MsJSPython
Hooked

Exact same problem. Internet went dead at around 8pm. Tried to call Plusnet and the line connected and then went dead.

RedPlanet

Same here. Also a new customer. After an initial faff and delay of a week I got connected on Monday. On Tuesday the phone line died completely. Finally got to support this morning. Well done to BT who called back 90 mins later saying it was fixed - bad connection at exchange.

But I've come home tonight to find no connection. Plugging in my old router (with more diagnostic ability) means I can see everything is working but I'm not authenticating at PlusNet.

So not great so far - one day out of three it's worked; lost connection twice; two hours on hold on the phone to support in total. 

Tonight calls to support are ringing but answering to silence.

This may all be out of PlusNet's hands which is why I'm fairly relaxed about it but I hope it's not sign of things to come. When I have spoken to someone they've been pretty good.

Loz29

I am also same as you internet went deas about half 8 and lines are dead when try and contact them very strange
aharis
Hooked

I think my issue could be similar to yours but my hub also seems to have been allocated to someone else’s email address and not mine! (Tried overiding it with no luck)
RedPlanet

Looking on Twitter there seems to be a national problem. What is most frustrating is all the service statuses are reporting no problems - that's inexcusable (if they do indeed have them.)

I've now spent two evenings trying to fix things that it turns out aren't my problem. I could have been actually doing something useful. That's not impressive.

MsJSPython
Hooked

Same here, I spent a good 40 minutes trying to fix it because the service status didn't report any problems. What's the use of a service update page that doesn't give the correct information?!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

RedPlanet

It appears to be back - my router light has gone blue. But now I have to set everything up again, having reset the router earlier this evening. In 15 years with my previous ISP (in its various guises) I can't remember an outage.

Aggie
Hooked

Tonight's @plusnethelp twitter sign off spectacular though - bye lads see y'all tomorrow!
Agree with all above - what's the point in an inaccurate status page? At least the community forum is a help so we know this isn't a localised issue by the look of it but poor not to at least acknowledge the outage even if nothing can be done immediately.
Oh meant to reassure any new to Plusnet folks that this issue isn't just happening to new connections; been a customer almost 4 years now and this is only 2nd outage for me (first one there was some conniption over net connection which couldn't be fixed after an hour on the phone but was eventually fixed after a good few days - hoping this isn't as long!)
RedPlanet

Thanks for that info Aggie. I hope they're alright in the long run!

Aggie
Hooked

Welcome RedPlanet!
My lights are back on and I can log in to my router as admin...someone else's username there though :-s
So still no Internet...literally crossed wires at Plusnet? I wouldn't be in the least techy enough to speculate so won't embarrass myself lol
kmw350
Rising Star

Another one here - lost internet around 2030hrs and it came back around 2300hrs, once again it is poor to see no mention of it in the status - we are often needlessly troubleshooting our connections when the fault is not at our end.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Fix
I believe we did have some authentication troubles yesterday/last night (IMT-1969). The issue should now be resolved. Apologies for the hassle and lack of status update ☹️

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

aharis
Hooked

I’ll try setting it up again when I get home. Still doesn’t explain why it’s showing someone else’s username in the router settings.