Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light on Hub One.

FIXED
NicHa
Dabbler

Red Light on Hub One.

As the title says, have tried rebooting to no avail.  Initially on powering up the green light comes on then blue for 5 seconds or so then just red.  Any suggestions?

15 REPLIES 15
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Red Light on Hub One.

Press the Restart button and release it when the Power light turns orange. Your Hub will restart and the Power light will glow steady blue. If it's still red, reset your Hub using a paper clip to press the recessed Reset button on the back of your Hub for a few seconds. If this doesn't fix it, get in touch with our Support Team

taken from

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I can see from your account that we've picked up on a line fault. We've reported it to Openreach and we should be able to update you within the next few days. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NicHa
Dabbler

Thank you both, yes, I tried a phone on the line this morning and since it didn't work either reported the line fault.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems. Following up here, we've been advised by Openreach that the problem is part of a common fault. This basically means it's a known issue and their engineers are working on the fault.

It does also mean the appointment our support team have booked for you has been cancelled by Openreach. Our faults team will update you as soon as we have more info about when it'll be resolved.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NicHa
Dabbler

..and thank you for the update but nothing else since.  No phone and no Broadband and no estimate as to when this might change.     Sad 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies that it's not fixed yet. I'm ringing Openreach now, I'll post back here soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apart from the fact that there's a problem at the cabinet which is affecting multiple people, we don't have any indication as to when this will be resolved and as the engineering management teams are closed for the weekend now, Openreach's support team aren't able to help in this instance.

We'll need to check back on Monday but hopefully something happens in the background over the weekend.

Our faults team will follow up when we have more info.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NicHa
Dabbler

Thanks for the input and checking up on it, Gandalf.....strangely I've seen Openreach techs at just about every cabinet around here but the local one in the last few days.  Doh!

NicHa
Dabbler

Any update from OpenReach? Still no service here. Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, I've just chased this again and have added an update to ticket 160555885 for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NicHa
Dabbler

Thanks for the update Adam.  Shall keep my fingers crossed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

I've had a quick peek into your account. We've received confirmation from Openreach earlier this morning that the fault has been resolved though I'm seeing that your router is still isn't connected to the internet.

Can you factory reset your router for us by pushing a paperclip into the reset hole at the back until the light goes green?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NicHa
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf, yes, will try that later this afternoon when back at the house and let you know what happens.  Thanks for the update.

NicHa
Dabbler

Thanks, following paperclip reset the router is working again. Phone also up and working again. thanks for your help.