cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent upgrade before fibre optic came

djpinky
Grafter

Recent upgrade before fibre optic came

Hello folks, I recently upgraded from a value broadband deal to unlimited for £16,99! At the time of this upgrade Plusnet had told me that fibre optic broadband wouldn't be coming to my area for a couple if years yet. Yesterday my next door neighbour Geoff told me that he now has Plusnet fibre optic broadband and it's been in the area for a few months. I want fibre optic so what options are open to me ? Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Recent upgrade before fibre optic came

Pop your phone number in here.
djpinky
Grafter

My next door neighbour now gets fibre optic broadband with Plusnet so I want to know what my options are being an existing customer Smiley thanks
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Use the website to request an upgrade. Log into the Member's Centre on the website & then go to the section to change your product. PN will send you a new router, arrange an engineer's visit & you will be committed to a new 18 month contract.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the direct link to Product change - (login required)  Wink
djpinky
Grafter

It's not giving me the option of fibre optic broadband though , thanks for the replies
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

What does the BT Wholesale checker say as in my reply to your OP up there? ^^^
All4One
Grafter

Small possibility that your neighbour could be on a different cabinet 😕
x47c
Grafter

Put both your and your next door neighbour's number into the checker as linked to above
The answer will tell you if or not you are on the same cabinet and what (different) services are available to both of you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could also have a look at what the SamKnows Broadband Availability Checker says.
I'm sure a forum staff member will pick this up on Monday and check fibre availability using your customer details.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm afraid it looks like there isn't any fibre available on your line, as per the dslchecker link posted by Jaggies above. It's likely that your neighbour is connected to either a different cabinet or an entirely different exchange - the samknows link purleigh posted above will tell you which exchange you're connected to.