cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent speed drop.

bumbershoot
Grafter

Re: Recent speed drop.

Router is a TG585v7. Normally connected to a hard wired extension socket 3 feet long through a wall. Two wires. No bell wire. Just connected direct to master socket with front removed. Speed is the same at 2.5 mb. Tried 3 filters with no change.
I tested it a few times. The upload test seemed to take a long time to complete. 25+ seconds?. No idea if this is relevant.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Unfortunately, trying so many different things in a such a short time is a bad idea because frequent disconnections make is very likely the DLM system will automatically increase the target SNRM which will decrease the speed. I strongly advise against causing any more disconnections for at least 24 hours.
A speed test won't show any immediate difference, because it can take a few days for the IP profile increase to reach Plusnet. But any differences in line speed are visible in the DSL stats.
bumbershoot
Grafter

I've left it all connected since the seventh but the speed is still 2.1mb download and 500kb upload. Should it have reset by now.

DSL Connection
Link Information

Uptime: 1 day, 22:45:45
DSL Type: G.992.3 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 895 / 2,547
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 228.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 28.0 / 47.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 5.0 / 8.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 66 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 6 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 348 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): NA / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): NA / 12,684
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 10,780
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

2.2Mb is the correct profile for the current sync speed, which is not good. You had several drops in connection which could be DLM testing different conditions as the line is in training until about the 16th. But as ejs sad the speed is not good.
Can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls? A faulty line could be the cause of the issues.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Looking at the history of profiles coming through from BT, it does seem that your line has fluctuated a lot since March this year.
The line, in the main, looks stable. There has been drops both recent and a few days back in October and November but it's difficult to tell if these are tests as many of them are close together.
It may be that your speeds can be increased (though I can't guarantee this), but that would most likely involve an engineer visit. If you want us to do that, please raise via faults.plus.net and post the ticket number here so that I can arrange something for you.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
bumbershoot
Grafter

The speed is still the same. If there is no charge for the visit etc I would be keen for this to happen. I'm not sure how to raise a fault but will try and return if unsuccessful.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You should just need to follow the steps at https://faults.plus.net and once you've answered all the questions this will report the fault to us for testing.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.