Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really slow internet speeds for the past week

edcherie
Hooked

Really slow internet speeds for the past week

Hi,

I have lately noticed that my internet really suffers, especially if I try to upload anything, like a picture or having a video call. The internet starts to dropout or would be so slow that it stops responding to anything (that's when uploading a picture, as an example). I tried restarting router several times but it doesn't seem to help out. Is it possible to know if you see any faults on my line?

Best Regards,

Edvardas

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Really slow internet speeds for the past week

@edcherie 

I note that you have posted this on the ADSL board. Do you have ADSL with a Hub Zero modem router?

If so you are most likely suffering from buffer bloat. This is caused by the uploading data delaying the necessary handshakes required by the downloading data. The Hub Zero is particularly bad at handling this. 

You might get an improvement with a different modem/router but if my assumption on ADSL is correct then maybe It’s time to upgrade to fibre.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

edcherie
Hooked

Thanks, I will try another router as you suggested. However, here I still have no possibility for fibre (stoneage...).

edcherie
Hooked

So have tried resetting the router as I had no other router available and this did not fix the problem, will try tomorrow with another router which I just ordered. It ridiculous this can be such an issue during these days...