cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really slow download and upload speed

Mdaly0101

Really slow download and upload speed

The wifi has an estimated 4.2 mbps download speed and an upload speed of less than 1.5 Mbps. I am just wondering if anyone has any advice on why this might be the case? The router is relatively new and the Lines are all fine. This is becoming unbearable especially considering the various data packages I have to download.

Thanks Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Really slow download and upload speed

Welcome to the forum.

What speed should you be getting, with standard broadband? This depends on how far you are from your local exchange. What does it say if you put your number in here.  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/?

If the line is only capable of slow speeds the above link will also advise of alternatives available.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dazzza19

thats the reason im leaving, plusnet promise the earth and give you the slowest possible speed, just switched and getting fiber for £5 cheaper than standard broadband with plusnet, you really get nothing from plusnet for being a loyal customer

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Mdaly0101 and thanks for getting in touch.

Some sound advice from @Baldrick1 there - ascertain what your line is capable of using www.dslchecker.bt.com and then run a wired speed test to see how this stacks up.

Wifi troubleshooting can be accessed here if you find that your wired speed is good.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Dave