cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really negative experience as brand new customer, before even hooked up!

davidhgerrard
Grafter

Re: Really negative experience as brand new customer, before even hooked up!

UPDATE:  Just come off a chat with a rep, the log of which I have saved along with the rest.
She advised me that if there is a line fault, then the order is cancelled until the fault is fixed (!), and then there is an additional 7 working day waiting period after that once the line fault is resolved. 
Chris, Matthew:  I need this resolved by Friday.  I don't care how you do it, but this must be resolved for me.  I cannot wait until NEXT Thursday, I need it by this Friday.
Otherwise, I will need to request the e-mail address of the Director of Customer Experience in order for me to file an official complaint about my experiences, which have been cataloged in detail by myself.  If the activation date issue is resolved, then I don't care about the time I've had to waste on countless chats, phone calls and e-mails.  If I do not have broadband activated by this Friday, then I will need my situation escalated farther than the standards complaints office.  I do not want to have to go to CISAS about this.
Looking at https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net it looks like I am far from the only person who has had this sort of experience when switching to plusnet from another provider.
Wrighty11
Grafter

Hi davidhgerrard.
Sorry for the delays. I gave our suppliers a call for an update on your fault and they have advised that the fault is still with them and it should be sorted tonight.
As for the broadband order we will try and get that activated sooner rather than later due to the current delays with your order.
davidhgerrard
Grafter

Quote from: Wrighty11
Hi davidhgerrard.
Sorry for the delays. I gave our suppliers a call for an update on your fault and they have advised that the fault is still with them and it should be sorted tonight.
As for the broadband order we will try and get that activated sooner rather than later due to the current delays with your order.

Matt, thank you for calling them.
I need slightly less vague than "sooner rather than later", though.  Will this be activated on or before the 19th of June? 
Also:  once the line is activated, is it up to Plusnet or BT to activate the service?  If it is Plusnet, I sincerely hope that the activation will be done as a matter of urgent priority.  I do not want other customers to be inconvenienced, however due to the fact that I have now experienced multiple instances of negative service I do hope that my situation will be given priority.
Wrighty11
Grafter

Hey,
Sorry if I was being vauge, I am keeping an eye on your account and will give you an update once I can get one in regards to the broadband order. Once the broadband is active with our suppliers it is then up to us to activate the account which will allow you to get online.
Once I have things sorted Ill send you a ticket/text on your account
davidhgerrard
Grafter

Thank you, Matt.
I shall await your response.  I will mention that I have been provided with the contact details of Barry Smith, Director of Services, and Andy Baker, CEO.  I do not want to have to escalate this to them and up to CISAS, but if this is not resolved to my satisfaction it is with a heavy heart that I may need to do so.
Wrighty11
Grafter

Hey there,
Hopefully it wont get to that level but as soon as I have an update ill let you know .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@David,
All in all this is a BT group issue.  One bit of BT cannot deliver end user service due to the failure of another bit of BT to communicate and act.  The failure of BTOR to tell and do seems to be at the heart of much of PlusNet's visible failures.  The issues are systemic and the CEO of PlusNET appears powerless to influence the behaviour of BTOR, even though (or because of?) he is a BT appointee.
In the past users have found that writing direct to the CEO of the BT group to be highly effective in shifting the corporate cludge.
This issue is a sympton of the apparent inability to have two (or more) orders 'pipe-lined' on a circuit to be done sequentially when the prior ones complete.  BTw / BTOR methods prohibit new provides being placed on lines which have an open pending cease or open fault report.  All quite stupid really, necessitating retailers like PlusNET to keep a manual watch for a change of status.
Hope you are soon connected.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

davidhgerrard
Grafter

UPDATE:
So, yesterday, the deadline came and went for the phone line working, and the line is still inactive.
Had a text from Plusnet saying that Broadband will be up and running by the 23rd June.  Ironically, this is exactly 14 days after my second call to plusnet to enquire about the status of my line.  Had I just gone with my instincts and gone with the previously active line, rather than taking plusnet's advice of a speedier install on the currently inactive line, then it would have been up at the exact same time.
I have just had a call from a BT rep, who advised me that the fault was never fixable from their end, and that they will need access to my flat.  This is infuriating, as my partner was home by chance all day yesterday, but from today nobody will be home until 6pm every night, and then the weekend.  
I am going to make a prediction:  the line will be unfixable in the end anyway, and should not have been listed as under my flat.  We will be asked to wait an additional two weeks from the moment that it is confirmed that the line is inoperable.
Incidentally, I have officially lost a client over this situation now.  He was someone who required me to be able to provide assistance at any time 24/7, and due to my not being able to guarantee a timeframe for my internet to be up and running, he has gone with someone else.  Great.

I am done with this whole situation, and will not be coming on daily to chase up your mistakes.  I have never had a worse onboarding than this with any company for any service, and will be writing to your CEO Andy Baker at link:csa removed with the full details of my experience.  I will be sending the e-mail in question on the 23rd of June.  It is now up to you to act as you please, knowing that the e-mail could end with "thankfully, the reps on the forums were great and sorted things out in the end" or it could end with "these continuous errors have led to me cancelling my service before it begins and going with another carrier, in addition to my requesting a full refund for the year's line rental that I have already paid to yourselves".
You have my e-mail address on file as well, and this would be the best way for you to contact me.
adie:red email address removed]
Wrighty11
Grafter

hi davidhgerrard
I am sorry for the ongoing issues you have had with your orders. However I do come with good news.
I have pushed our suppliers to expedite the order and this has been accepted. Your broadband will be active anytime up until midnight on the 18/06/2015
Also your phone fault has been assigned to an engineer this morning to get repaired. I understand its past the estimated time but they should have it fixed today.
If you have any further issues dont hesitate to get back in contact with us.
davidhgerrard
Grafter

Wrighty11,
Excellent news, thank you very much for your efforts on this one.
I have just come off the phone with the BT engineer, who has advised that he would need access to the flat itself.
I asked him if I could schedule a time with him to be able to access the flat.  It would have to be before 8am, after 6pm or on the weekend, as both myself and my partner work standard working hours).
He said someone from Plusnet would need to arrange the appointment, and that you would let me now once it had been arranged.
If you could please arrange this and let me know the earliest that they can come out.  If you require further details or want anything to be private, I can be reached either on my mobile or the e-mail address on file.
Kind regards,
David
ThereWeGoAgain
Grafter

That sound exactly like my experience David...
Thanks for the email. Will send the CEO an message too.
Perhaps you should consider switching to BT and just ditch Plusnet altogether.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I think both of you should reconsider trying to run a business on a domestic service  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: ThereWeGoAgain
That sound exactly like my experience David...

I thought you had a fault and not an issue with an order? If so then it's not.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ThereWeGoAgain
Grafter

I said experience, viz. experience with Plusnet, not experience with an order or an fault.
Do you comprehend experience?
davidhgerrard
Grafter

Quote from: PeterLoftus
I think both of you should reconsider trying to run a business on a domestic service  Roll_eyes

Fair point.  This is a side-job for me that I'd only recently started doing (thankfully not my primary income!), and my first big move in the UK as well, didn't realise about the long time periods required for the broadband.
Next time though will be more aware of the situation involved.