cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really fed up

OldCrone
Grafter

Really fed up

Offline since Friday and had to buy a 3 modem to get online.
The outage that keeps being resolved does not include 01900 numbers. We have not been back on at all.
seriously hacked off !
6 REPLIES 6
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Really fed up

Hi Old Crone,
Sorry to hear you're having problems with your connection., I'll have a look first thing in the morning and see what I can make of it. I'll post here as soon as I know more.
Jojo Smiley
OldCrone
Grafter

Embarrassed
BT have not got our exchange listed as being affected and this is really concerning me. I live in a rural area and even last year`s floods did not affect the broadband as badly!
It would really help if I knew that my 01900 was on BT`s list as I do not want to be left out of any fixing of problems.
I have bought a 3 usb mode, but here I am just on the edge of 3g coverage too, balancing the laptop by the window for a very intermittant connection is not  my idea of comfort!
Also, it really does not help that the recorded message suggests that we go online .
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Old Crone,
I've just tried calling you so I could explain what's happening and what to do next. It appears that the outage has now been cleared and I wanted to ask a few diagnostic questions to see if I needed to raise a fault for you.
Jojo Smiley
OldCrone
Grafter

Cheesy
Your intervention has worked! Just threatening a black cat to be run over has done the trick!
I think the pipes took a little longer to clear out here in the sticks!
Jo you are underpaid ! Sorry, I didn't hear the phone..........the carpet washer is noisy!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Aww, I'm so glad it's all up and running. I was getting worried you might fall out of the window with your laptop. It was really nice talking to you, though. Good luck with everything, thanks Smiley
OldCrone
Grafter

Undecided It has been off again today, but knowing that there really is someone looking into it helps!
It is back on now, but I am not holding my breath!
Fingers crossed for broadband tomorrow, ......................broadband available? Yes or no?......BT resilience?
Last time I was told that it was someone hanging their coat in the wrong place in the exchange,  Smiley