Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really bad latency whilst gaming in CoD4

blinky
Grafter

Really bad latency whilst gaming in CoD4

Hi guys,
This is not a speed related problem as I have found the download speeds to be fine.  The problem that I`m having is during game play.  It doesn't matter which server I play on or what time of the day the ping starts fine for a couple of minutes and goes up fast.  I am getting the same sort of ping as I did with BSkyB, in the range of 100-150ms.
This has been happening for a while now, October-November-ish, I thouhgt it may have been a serveer problem so left it to see if things got better.
I still have the problem, could someone please tell me if I'm alone in this and if so how do I get it sorted, when I started using Plus.net Pro I had amazing pings 35-50ms, whats happened?
Cheers in advance
Damian
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Really bad latency whilst gaming in CoD4

Hi blinky,
I've just checked your account, it looks like there have been a couple of connection drops (though this could easily have been you rebooting the router) but it's also showing that interleaving has been turned on since October. I suspect this may have been causing the issues, if you reply back confirming you're happy for it I'll place an order to get this removed for you.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I Wonder, is it move to  ADSL2?
blinky
Grafter

Hi ,
Cheers for the replies,
Quote from: Matt
I've just checked your account, it looks like there have been a couple of connection drops (though this could easily have been you rebooting the router) but it's also showing that interleaving has been turned on since October.

The connection drops will more then likely be the router being turned off as I have not noticed my connection restarting.  As for the interleaving, if turning it off will drop my pings back down then by all means remove it, cheers.
Quote from: pierre_pierre
I Wonder, is it move to  ADSL2?

I know my area, Wrexham, is being changed over to ADSL2 at the moment but I dont know if my line has been or is being done yet.  How will that effect my connection whilst/when done?
Cheers
Damian
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It certainly should do - with that in mind I've placed the order, it's due to complete tomorrow.