Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivation emails for forums not coming through

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Reactivation emails for forums not coming through

Yesterday as one of my email adresses apeared hecily compromised I created a new mailbox. Today I have been advising various groups of the change. Those group sent reactivation emails that need response to continue access and posting privileges.
Strangely none has come through. Could there be a fault in my settings to cause a problem?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Reactivation emails for forums not coming through

Have you checked in your webmail spam folder?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Luzern
Hero

Yes, several times and just now. Funny thing is that for several days, weeks perhaps, nothing has been in it, but all including to manufactured addressed has been landing in Thunderbird and too often to the seemingly compromised mailbox.
[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin):  Full quote of preceding post removed. Forum Rules ]
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you on the Postini trial?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Tony_W
Grafter

Because if you are on the Postini trial you should be aware of this from a blog:
[Postini should] figure out how to stop grabbing verification emails. pretty much every service i sign up for sends me a verification email. and at least half of them are gobbled up by Postini.

Or perhaps this:
Has anyone seen problem with span filters blocking twiki verification emails?
specifically with Postini

This behaviour may (or may not) be symptomatic - the jury will be out until full Postini implementation. It is only then that the 'real world' trial can begin.
You can sympathize with Postini. Many phishing spams look like verification emails (and forum notification emails) and therefore there is a fine line between detection of spam and blocking of legitimate emails.
The forum notification problem has been highlighted and well-documented by Jelv and others in other topics in this forum.
Tony
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: jelv
Are you on the Postini trial?
Nope. as with any trial I might end up by getting hanged Angry Wink