cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-syncing problem has gone but...

ahar

Re-syncing problem has gone but...

Until a couple of months ago my modem router would sync without fail at the maximum possible 8128kbps. Then I noticed that loading web web pages would occasionally time-out but didn't pay much attention to it as reloading would usually bring the page up.
Over the Christmas period I had major connection issues and realised the problem was with my equipment. Sometimes the modem would drop the connection and re-sync many times per minute and on a couple of occasions would drop down to a crazy low speed below 200kbps and stay there.
This would drop my BT IP profile meaning the connection stayed slow even if the modem did sync again at a higher speed.
I tried 2 different modems and 2 different microfilters plugged in to the master socket but it made no difference. I noticed there was a lot of crackling on the phone and wondered if this was affecting the broadband link.
A couple of days ago I found that my voice line is completely dead (I pay Toucan for that) but the modem is once again has a rock steady connection but now at ~3000kbps.
I hope I don't get the problem back when my voice line comes back. My Linksys modem/router uses the AR7 chip which I've read is prone to the kind of problems I've had...
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Re-syncing problem has gone but...

It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with the equipment - you've got a noisy phone line, and that will be the cause. Any kind of noise or interference on the line will affect the broadband.
Please let us know if the issue persists when the voice line fault is fixed and we'll investigate, though I'd be surprised if that was the case to be honest.
Hope that helps,
ahar

Hi,
I finally got around to getting my voice line fixed. I called Toucan at about 1pm and when I got home there was a card from BT Openreach saying the problem was fixed - time: 3.58pm.
The line doesn't seem to have the noise it had before. Best of all, my modem is steady at 7136kbps.  Grin
James
Grafter

Good to hear Smiley