Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: broadband speed

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, I hope the weather doesn't have any negative impact on it in the meantime! Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mmorris85
Grafter

Just an update question. I'm coming near the end of my 10 day line retraining period after the snr reset the Saturday before last and I've had a look at my router stats and it seems my snr has gone down again from 6.2 to 3.8, sync speed has apparently increased too. I'm just wondering does this mean that my line is therefore just going to have a natural snr between 3 and 4db which is why it has gone back to those levels? Upstream snr is still 31.0 but that's not so important. I don't think the snr dropping has had a negative impact so far but I was just wondering.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Your speeds tend to be higher the lower the SNR, sometimes if this is too low it can cause errors on your line. Your SNR dB profile on your download is set to 3dB so it will try and keep it at the level whenever it can.
mmorris85
Grafter

My speeds have really dropped tonight (5 to 6mb) and my ping times have gone from around 20ms to 80ms, streaming iplayer is proving nearly impossible at the moment due to it buffering every 5 secs, any idea why this is? Weather maybe as it is bad?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It looks like the issue last night might be one we are currently aware of and working on resolving see <a href="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111057.msg952996.html#msg952996">here</a>.
I'd also suggest creating a <a href="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106312.0.html">ping graph</a>, this will help to see where these spikes in ping are occurring.