cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Very slow speed after changing to Plusnet

eileen

Re: Very slow speed after changing to Plusnet

I know how frustrated the OP is as I have been with plusnet for several years and have noticed that it is not as good as it was.  Despite numerous calls and complaints regarding the line dropping out and almost non existent speeds noghing gets done.  I get the same old spill everytime I ring, turn this off undo that box plug this into that socket whjch does nothing.  My latest call to customer service confirmed the drop in my line and I was told it would be sorted several days later have i heard anything no has my line improved no.  I am currentlh unable to watch any catch up tv on my rather expensive smart tv why you may ask because the speeds are too slow.    I dont live far from the exchange or the green box so what is the excuse for this.  I am currently paying for a very limited service, even searching the net is extremely slow.   
I have given Plusnet so many chances to correct this problem and my patience is now running out.  Will it be sorted or will I have to take my business elsewhere. 
2 REPLIES 2
eileen

Re: Technicolor TG582n routers

I have had nothing but problems with my internet since changing to this router because my original one wasnt compatable with Chromecast.  Despite it being changed once it continually drops oug, I am forever switching it on and off again to gain reconnection.  My internet speeds are so slow it isnt possible to watch catch up tv on my Smart TV.  These routers are obviously sub standard and I am disappointed that Plusnet chooses to use them.  If my problem isnt sorted within the next few days I intend taking my business elsewhere as I hate paying for a service that I am not getting ie a decent broadband connect.  I do not live in some remote part of GB so this cannot be the problem.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Technicolor TG582n routers

Mod Note
Posts split off and merged to their own topic for clarity.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine