Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Use Dlink DSL2680 TalkTalk Router

frank121
Dabbler

Re-Use Dlink DSL2680 TalkTalk Router

Hi All,
I would like to keep my old talktalk router since it's working well and it's one of the few that works with the wake on lan feature that I use.
I have read elsewhere in this forum that it should be possible to re-use it. However, I am having issue with it saving the user name and password; it seems to save it for about 30 seconds to a minute and during that time the I see a plusnet IP assigned and I have internet access. It then suddenly disconnects and the old talk user name and password appears! I have no idea where it's getting the old details from and why? Does anyone have any experience on this or ideas?
I am also reliant on another person to configure the router (who is not tech savvy) so I have not delved into the advanced settings yet, so perhaps the username and password needs to be changed there too. I also know that I probably can re-flash this router with the stock firmware but those jobs will have to wait till I'm able to get home and have a look personally.
Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.
Thanks very much.
Frank
3 REPLIES 3
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Re-Use Dlink DSL2680 TalkTalk Router

Hi and welcome to the PN forum.
See this link for how to disable TR-069 remote configuration.  Hopefully it will fix the problem.
frank121
Dabbler

Hello Pwatson!
Thanks very much for the reply. Smiley I have heard and seen the TR-069 configuration but didn't know it could overwrite the user/pass! I will hopefully try this tommorrow and report back with my findings.
Thanks again for the tip.
Frank
Dick:quote
frank121
Dabbler

Hi Pwatson!
It worked!!  Cool Thanks so much for the answer. Smiley That saved me a 200 mile trip to check it out.
Frank