cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re Speed Problems

wilywombat

Re Speed Problems

Just a tip...throw it away if you want, but I had significant slow speed problems using my DLink router.  The problem turned out to be that I was switching the router off at the mains when shutting down my PC.  BT was registering this as an intermittent  line problem and kept knocking down my profile to try and get a consistent connection.  When I replugged the mains so that the router was permenantly on, my speed increased bacup to a max over aperiod of a couple of weeks.  Now my profile is up to 5.5mbps.
If you switch off your router at the end of the day, try leaving it powered up, the above may just work for you as well!!
Grin
Mike 
1 REPLY 1
Not applicable

Re: Re Speed Problems

The best advice (to get the best from both worlds) is to go onto your routers web interface, and tell it to disconnect.
Once its disconnected, you can power it off without fear of having BT misinterpret it - but if you just pull the plug, some routers don't send a 'last gasp' packet to the exchange equipment to tell it that the disconnection was not caused by poor line characteristics.