For new customers:
Option 2 offers a Voyager 2091
Option 3 & 4 offers a Voyager 2110
This should also apply to upgrades.
5 REPLIES 5
coastergrotto
Grafter

Re: Routers available with BBYW Products

Whilst on the subject of routers.    My son joined PlusNet as a referral from me on Broadband Premier Option 1 on January 27th this year before the launch of the BBYW product range.
He is happy enough on this legacy product but was wondering whether or not he could claim a free router.    I said no but he thinks he was offered one at the time of his sign up but declined it at the time.    What is the position please?
James
Grafter

The Router he will have been offered at the time of signup would have been on a deferred contract.
I'm sure we could come to some kind of arrangement.  Do you want to raise a ticket on his account and let me know when done?
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks James, before I go ahead I need to know exactly what is meant by 'deferred' contract.  I assume you mean there is no charge for the router provided he stays on the same package with PlusNet for a stipulated time, ie: probably12 months (same as on BBYW I assume).
Another important point is which router would he receive on Premier 1 - it would need to be a 4 point wireless router at minimum.
Also I assume there would be no increase in his monthly payment.  He is on Broadband Premier Option 1 with Home phone evening and weekends.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks PJ, but he doesn't wish to change products.  He is happy on Premier Option 1,  the Peak Time restrictions on Option 3 would send him over his 20 GB limit and he doesn't want Option 4 as the same could apply there plus it's more expensive.
He is dropping connection possibly due to the distance to his exchange and the use of his treadmill.      He has the same Belkin router as I used to have and when I changed to the Voyager 2110 by regrading I stopped dropping connection completely so when I mentioned it to him he said that he had been offered a router at the time of joining but declined it.
James implied that he could have a router still staying on Option 1.  What I was after was finding out the exact terms etc before proceeding with raising a ticket.
If to obtain the router it means changing to BBYW that is not an option for him.
James
Grafter

Hi Coastergritto,
I was saying that I would be happy to send out another router (probably HG1800) if he were to remain with us for a year.