Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Product refresh

Mark
Grafter

Hi PJ.
The only news I can give at the minute is that this is very much a priority for us right now and absolutely hasn't been forgotten. It's, as some of the regulars round here might guess, very close to my heart.
I'll ask Nick and Ian for any information we can divulge at this stage, on Monday morning.
I can say that many of the enhancements and improvements asked for over the years from our business customers will be included and the shape of the products is looking really sweet. Smiley
It might be an idea if a mod split the business discussion off into a seperate thread. It would be good to get the discussion kicked off for real and get the thoughts of business users.

14 REPLIES 14
Assos
Grafter

Done Smiley
Mark
Grafter

Merci beaucoup Oliv Dan Tongue
Mark
Grafter

I've sent you a PM

Hi PJ. Just checked my PM's. Nowt there. Sad
I'd be very interested to see that product, as there was nothing more competitive out there, from a mainstream provider, when I did the competitor analysis on our small business products.
Hopefully I havent missed something.
As an "open and honest" ISP it should be made clear if the prices include VAT

Standard business to business pricing is always shown as ex vat whereas the requirement for consumer pricing is to include vat in the list price.
We do state on the business pages that prices exclude VAT but as these products are pitched at businesses, who are in the main understanding of vat and the implications this has on their business, it is generally the norm to list as ex vat.
Its not a means of hiding anything or a lack of openness or honesty but standard and quite normal business practice.
I'll take a look and see if we need to make that more clear.

LiamM
Grafter

Quote from: PJ
Certainly the Business Products compare badly against their residential equivilients.

Not sure on that one when you look at Usage Allowances, Dedicated Business Support etc...
Bear in mind that Small Business is available as PAYG or Premier.
Mark
Grafter

Thanks PJ. Got it and replied.
I have responded in detail and probably rambled on a bit, but hopefully it explains things for you.
As I mentioned in the PM, I am very conscious that our business product pages are pants. I hate them with passion but this will be worked on and the messaging and information vastly improved.
Our business products are massively different to the residential product set in terms of usage, prioritisation and support. When the refresh is launched these will only get better. Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

The Business products don't have defined usage allowances (except for PAYG), PlusNet will just contact you if they think you're overusing the service. 
The Biz products are designed for Biz use, not Residential use by customers looking to get around the usage allowances.
Plus, when you consider the rate limts on BBYW, the extra money up to Small Biz PAYG is well worth it for Business Support alone if you ask me.
Bear in mind that you can only get Max Premium (832k upload) on the Business (£34.99) product, not on Small Business.
Mark
Grafter

The business products do not have set usage limits, although they are governed by a FUP. Basically common sense prevails. If we see a business user hammering p2p etc, we will contact them and advise accordingly.
When this happens it's generally down to some member of staff using their business connection for something they shouldnt Wink
We have had one customer recently using terabytes of data but this was down to a misconfigured back up and archiving utility and he was very grateful for the proactive approach from our support team.
Generally business customers are not overly heavy users and there is little or no need for us to police or introduce limits. The majority need http and email with the addition of perhaps voip and vpn. We are conscious that some may require to see specific usage limits or have this explained clearly in a similar way to our residential products but this is something we may consider for the future.
zubel
Community Veteran

I've been considering upgrading our primary office connection - ~800k upstream would be quite useful to us as we now have several "remote workers".
Should I hold off until the Refresh is announced?
B.
James
Grafter

Upon the refresh being completed, I don't see there being any problem in moving you onto the new product.  So there's no need to wait if you wanted to change product.
zubel
Community Veteran

Great - so which product is the one that supports the ~800k upstream?  the £34.99/mo one?
Also, how long is it likely to take to complete the 'regrade'?
Also, how likely is it that we will receive the full ~800k upstream?  Router stats are:
ADSL Link  Downstream  Upstream
Connection Speed 2016 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 48 db 14.5 db
Noise Margin 5 db 18 db
Yes, we're quite a way away from the exchange Smiley
Thanks
B.
James
Grafter

Hi Barry,
It is the £34.99 product.
Should be able to sort it pretty quickly for you.  I'll be able to get the BT product change c=done within 24 hours.
Not great on upload speeds myself I'm afraid, but I'd expect you to see a pretty decent improvement.
LiamM
Grafter

I wouldn't hold off myself, personally.  An upcoming product refresh is not reason to hold fire, because you can always switch to the new products anyway.
zubel
Community Veteran

Already sorted Smiley
Just waiting for BT to pull their proverbial finger out. Smiley
B.
LiamM
Grafter

I must have not realised there was a page two and just hit reply 🙂
*sneaks off*