cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Poor Speeds

Ellen
Hooked

I only joined Plusnet just the other month within this year and they have already increased my broadband and landline bill.  I don't even use my landline to make calls the only reason why I have it is because I need a fast reliable broadband / wi-fi. Well that is not the case.  

Average download speed. 24.5Mb - 62% slower, I'm 62% slower than average.

Average upload speed. 5.3Mb - 60% slower.  I'm 60% slower than average.

OK Plusnet, you online chat does not work, and I can't phone customer service because I don't have a telephone in my landline socket.  HOW are you going to fix this problem.  How can you increase my fee and then give me such a poor broadband speed. On the TV, you advertise that Plusnet is the best, well I truly don't think so.

On Watch Dog this week, they spoke about broadband providers, and if you are not received the correct average download speed or upload speed, you can cancel your contract with no penalities.

PLUSNET, how are you going to fix this because I can't deal with my family fighting with me anymore.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Split from original thread for better visibility, moved to Fibre Broadband and title changed to reflect issue.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Looking at your line, you're not on fibre so I've asked the moderators to move this thread to the ADSL broadband board.

As you're on ADSL rather than Fibre, the estimates for your line are:

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 6 -- 4 to 8 Available -- -- -- --

Unfortunately as your router currently appears to be off I cannot test your line, but the line profile is set at 10244, which is well above the top end of the estimates for the service you're on.

So whilst I do understand that you want faster speeds, it's simply not possible on ADSL broadband and we are providing a faster service than we estimated you during signup.

The good news is that Fibre to the cabinet is available to you and it should give you a little speed increase, this is a different product from us so does change your contract and pricing.

If you did switch to this you could expect between 22.4 and 32.4Mb/s download as per your estimates:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 32.4 22.4 7.4 5.5 19.7 Available -- Yes Yes --

If you're interested I'd advise giving our customer options team a call on 0800 013 2632 and they can discuss the best deals available for you.

On Watch Dog this week, they spoke about broadband providers, and if you are not received the correct average download speed or upload speed, you can cancel your contract with no penalities.

PLUSNET, how are you going to fix this because I can't deal with my family fighting with me anymore.

As above, the speeds you're currently getting are well above what we estimated you for the product you signed up for so there is nothing to fix I'm afraid.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Topic moved to ADSL as per post above.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine