Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Poor Plusnet broadband connection, Gloucestershire GL3

bicyclz
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I'm in GL3 & have similar issues with Plusnet connections. I can't even watch Youtube vids without continual failures. (Stopped working, etc.) I get continual failures to connect on start up & I have to go into my router & manually reconnect... A sad service which worked perfectly on my previous suppliers systems. (Co-op BB)

Had I known PN was owned by BT before I signed up, I would have avoided it like the plague.... After many similar issues with BT.... I'll be moving on when my minimum period expires.

Moderators Note.

Title changed to GL3

5 REPLIES 5
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@bicyclz Your Plusnet connection uses the same wires to the exchange as your Co-op one would have, so you probably have a line or other fault which will be individual to you. I'll ask a Mod to move your post and my reply to it's own thread so that further detail and replies don't get confused with the OP of the original.

Anotherone
Champion

It'll probably be a good idea to start with some basics.

Do you have a Master Socket similar to the one on the left? Do you have any extension phone sockets - hard wired or plug in, and what is normally plugged in where? Do you use any extension leads between the phone socket and filter or filter and modem/router?
Do all your Microfilters look similar to this?
Can you hear any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls? Try the Quiet Line Test 17070 option 2 if need be.

bicyclz
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thanks.

I'm no expert but I know that my problems started precisely when I changed over to PN.

My phone is as good as it ever was & I changed the filter just before I moved to PN.

Same lines? Just proves what I said.

It's the supplier not the equipment. It seems to me.

I will try your suggestions & report the results.

Thanks.

Anotherone
Champion

Just to be clear Plusnet's network is Upstream of the exchange and cannot affect your connection with the exchange which is what's probably causing the problem. Why is what we need to find out. BT Retail don't have the best reputation for dealing with these things. Your line may have developed an intermittent problem, it might be a fault with the exchange equipment (which is managed by BT Wholesale and used by several ISPs) this is what we need to narrow down. So a few extra questions which may help build a picture.

When did you join Plusnet? What speeds did you get with your previous suppliers BT & Co-op?
What exchange are you on? What modem/router are you using?

Anotherone
Champion

@bicyclz are you still having this problem, we've not heard back from you?