cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Peak time latency spikes...Split

Finguz
Grafter

Re: Peak time latency spikes...Split

Well if it helps the connection has been fine since it was installed with a profile and speeds 24/7 like this..

until the last 3 or so days ( last night was by far the worst ) when my profile and speeds had dropped to this ( during the day and after midnight )

Obviously when the latency/speed problems hit the line slows to a crawl. but this morning I am now down to this...

No doubt the decrease is due to the 20 odd reconnects last night trying to get a usuable connection  Undecided
@Bright It doesn't matter what details I enter for the password, tap3 will only run if I use my plusnet username and password, and then of course it fails at the end of the test because of that /facepalm

Here's hoping Dan can get this sorted out because another night of hopping will be the proverbial straw  Sad
dick:green Title edited.
9 REPLIES 9
Finguz
Grafter

Re: Peak time latency spikes

Sigh...
I popped to the shops and back and now my profile is under 50 with an SNR of 9.3  Roll_eyes
Finguz
Grafter

47.43 now according to BT speedtester, it's getting lower by the minute.
AndyH
Grafter

Which gateway are you on now? Still pcl-ag07?
Finguz
Grafter

ag02 now.
My speed is stable though, as it has been since install during the day and for the first 9 or 10 nights.
It's my profile that is dropping like a stone after last night.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Looks as though Dan has taken this on personally and has an engineer arranged for you tomorrow morning to take a look at things for you.
Finguz
Grafter

Aye, it's a case of wait and see at the moment I think.
Although it seems pretty clear that my profile dropping by over 10 this morning is a direct result of last nights hopping shenanigans, which seemed far more like a plusnet issue than my line because it was fine at much higher speeds and lower pings before the 'evening speed/latency troubles' started.
My line has been rock steady at all times except during the ongoing plusnet latency/speed issues.
Still, will wait and see what the engineer has to say, here's hoping tomorrow isn't his first day  Undecided
AndyH
Grafter

How were you hopping gateways? Manually disconnecting/reconnecting from the router admin page or a hard reset of your router/BT ONT (turning the power off/on)?
Finguz
Grafter

Disconnect / reconnect with the router web gui, apart from one power off / power on with the OR modem after 20 or so router reconnects doing nothing. Also another power off and power on of the OR modem this morning to accommodate a new bit of kit that arrived in the post.
There will be another power off / power on of the OR modem ( and everything else ) this afternoon as well, when the electrician installs some new sockets  Undecided
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Dick:Green Posts split off into a new thread to help with a resolution.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine