cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PPP Authentication error

Thruster

This has been happening to me since my connection was set up a few days ago.  Randomly disconnects and the router is unable to authenticate again until I manually log into it and hit connect.  The event log shows this:

"PPP LCP Send Termination Request [Failed to authenticate ourselves to peer]"

This is extremely irritating as sometimes I need to remotely access my PC, which is not possible when the router disconnects like this.  The line is stable, but it appears that the Plusnet PPPOE (or RADIUS) server just keeps failing to authenticate my router correctly.   Please sort this!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title after split to reflect issue.

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Broadband keeps dropping off

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Our tests aren't showing any issues but if the drops continue we'd recommend raising a fault here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@MatthewWheeler,

Does your comment above apply to the OP or the piggy-backer?  I've asked the mods to split the piggy-backer off.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Townman It was in response to the piggy backer

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Split for better visibility and title changed to reflect issue.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still