cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Now Completely Fed Up With Plusnet!!!

themadame

Sad
I am also completely fed up with plusnet.  I just switched over a few weeks ago after having been with 'mypostoffice' for more years than I can remember.  In that time used two of my own routers (Belkin and Netgear)  plus zyxel modem supplied by mypostoffice.  Never, in all that time and two different homes did I experience issues with connections dropping or loss of wi fi signals, even way down the bottom of the garden.  Switch to plusnet and it's all gone wrong.  Says it all doesn't it?  Connection drops (although I'm informed not very often - as if that is acceptable) and I have cold spots now where wi fi reception is variable.  I suspect there is interference botherin plusnet router from other wi fi in the area.  Thinking of (yet more expense) buying a commercial modem/router or router extender.  Added to this, PLUSNET is much more expensive than pobroadband (formerly mypostoffice).  More cost/bad performance.  Unfortunately I'm on a years contract.  Well, at least I get a 'forum' now to  moan to.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@'themadame' - have you considered using your previous modem/router and simply entering your Plusnet connection details into it ?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Re: Now Completely Fed Up With Plusnet!!!

Mod:note
Split into its own topic for better visibility
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
themadame

Well, zyxel modem was from pobroadband so think it is preset for that isp (therefore tossed it out).  Still have the belkin router but it's hard to find reasonably priced modems now so have ordered a new modem/router. (cheapy - £30 so fingers crossed)  However, don't feel I should have to do this but life is to short to argue w/ online support who only fob you off.