Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Keep loosing connectivity

jim13
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I'm another one. Connectivity has been a problem for the past year but is now getting much worse. Outages today already are in double figures. This is just not good enough.
5 REPLIES 5
jim13
Rising Star

The troubleshooter and I are old adversaries. It is a complete waste of time. i have had this problem for almost a yea,r (it was supposedly fixed a few months ago), and now it is getting much worse. I awoke this morning to find my connection was once again off. I powered it on and it lasted all of 15 minutes. I am now on my fourth disconnection since 6.15 am. The time now is 8.23 am.
Allegedly the problem was that my local exchange was oversubscribed. It isn't now as half the town has superfast fibre so the overload has gone.
i am seriously fed up.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Jim,
No one seems to have done so yet - so a warm welcome to the forums.
I observe that you've hinted at issues for a while on other's threads as you've done here.  It would be more productive to start your own thread please with the information requested in the speed issues thread - see link below.
The fault reporting process is intended to eliminate the possibility that the issue is within your home.  The £50 engineer visit cost you've mentioned and objected to elsewhere is only charged if it is found that one of the fault trouble shooter checks was not done and is found to be the cause of the problem.  If you follow the process as described, it is highly unlikely that the charge will be levied.
Superfast fibre still uses the same back haul services out of the exchange into the internet... so exchange congestion is still a possibility ... though reading elsewhere, I thought you believe its the router that's the problem, whilst PlusNet seem to think its a line problem (wanted to send out an engineer).  To help you we need some data please.
@Mods - can you please split out Jim's posts from this thread and consider doing the same for the other couple of posts (and related CRT responses) in the other two threads?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

dick:green Posts split off to a new thread to assist with a resolution.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jim13
Rising Star

Thanks for your concern. It is very kind of you, but it looks as though I'll just have to grin and bear it.
Don't know if I can manage anything other than a very weak grin though...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Jim,
There's no need to grin and bear it - with some hand holding we ought to be able to help you get to the bottom of it.
Some BTOR lines are in a bit of a mess.  An engineer might attend, find one problem, fix it and not look for others.  Are you rural or semi rural?  Is there noise on your hime line?  Dial 17070 option 2.  If it crackers, you'll need to report a voice line fault.
Is the router plugged into the master socket?  Are there any extensions?

@CRT,
Can you please post a VR plot and what's the line error history look like please?
Thanks,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.