cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Inexplicable Broadband speed drop

carolandruss

Hi Lauren B,

Sorry to contact you like this, but I am desperate and I don't know how else to contact anyone at PN. I moved from BT to PN on 31st March on the basis of better BB speed, better customer service and PN seemed to be a well-liked company. I appreciate that I had to wait several days for the connection to settle down. But after a month, and two weeks of posting Help messages on PN Fb page, and getting nowhere, I found you.

Our broadband speed has decreased significantly after our move from BT - previously we often saw around 5mpbs, This morning it is just 0.02 and again is unusable. Sometimes we get around 3mpbs, but it soon drops out or drops to an unusable speed. We try to keep in touch with our family via Fb or Zoom. But with this dreadful BB we keep losing our calls. 

Please could you help?

carolandruss  

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been split from another thread for better visibility and to help poster and staff.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi @carolandruss, I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues - I can see that you've spoken to several of my colleagues regarding this.

I've tested your line today and much the same as the last time you spoke with us we are pushing over 5Mbps to you and there is no fault found on your line. As my colleagues have previously advised, I would recommend ensuring your are plugged into your router via an ethernet cable as this will ensure you have the most consistent and stable speed.

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. If connecting via an ethernet cable does not resolve the issue, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
carolandruss

Hi, I AM CONNECTED via Ethernet to your Modem Router!

You may be getting nearly 5mpbs when you test, but please refer to all the tests that I have run and the dreadful results received. That is what we are achieving at this end! 

As to speaking to other colleagues, No I have been trying to reach someone at Plusnet for over two weeks and had no response back, nor have I been able to speak to anyone.

As to your comment 'Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection' I consider ourselves as having 'No broadband' as it more often than not, drops-out completely, or so slow 0.02mpbs and to be unusable. As retired pensioners, I hope that we will be listed in your priority list.

Kind regards

DR Tucker 

carolandruss

Hi Jess, 

I just ran another broadband speed test and attach it here.

Connected to the  router it's tested at 0.24mpbs!!

As you can see, I have attached the test result. The only thing that has changed over the past 4 weeks is moving from BT to PN

Kine regards

DR Tucker   

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi @carolandruss, I can see a support ticket has been raised on your account by my colleague today regarding what we need you to do to look into this further, as well as advice given to you on Facebook by another of my colleagues last week.

The issue is now in hand with our Faults team, if you could complete the steps in the ticket here they will be able to look into this further for you and resolve the issue.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team