cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hmmm what a pickle!

jazzist

Plusnet are still trying to scam people out of £30 when leaving to an LLU/MPF provider.
Spoke to a right numpty at the call centre who has since sent me a threatening email!
They also like to try and charge for a full months service when you leave mid month, promising to refund it at some point.. Sent several messages asking for a corrected bill, I'm not with Plusnet anymore but they still want me to pay for the current period. "I'll pay for the time I will have or had service" does not compute.
Obviously a complaint has now been put in.
Roll_eyes
3 REPLIES 3
wo0x
Grafter

I was going to reply to a comment on the first page until I realised this thread is almost four years old...  Huh
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Split off from ancient topic which is no longer relevant
This is the latest thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,125583.0.html and the charge is levied and correct
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Oldjim,
As I read it, I'm not convinced that the other thread reached a clear conclusion.  The "Rules" suggested that the charges for cessation are NOT applied where "the MAC code is not used, but another recognised process is used".  Given that a move to LLU does not need a MAC code, is the industry now stating (claiming) that a move to a LLU provider is not a "recognised process"?
If this is the case, then BTw / BTOR are introducing anti-competitive measures against people moving away from BTw WBC products, irrespective of the supplying ISP, to third party LLU providers.
There was I thinking BTw / BTOR were supposed to operate an unbiased level playing field!

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.