cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hardly planned maintenance 12/10/2010

misza222

Dear Plus.net,
First and most important - If you have a status page use it!
Explain what is going on as you progress with the fault! Your announcement of "planned maintenance" was not 100% accurate and you knew it (when phoned CS recorded message clearly informed that customers experience disconnections; on status page however "it's very unlikely that this will be noticed by any of our customers"). Don't be scared to put facts it in writing.
The other thing is vocabulary used. How can maintenance that is announced 8h prior to the incident be planned maintenance? I am a software developer and if I plan maintenance I give my customers weeks, not hours notice. If anything you were taken by surpris by "The Provider" Smiley
Can you explain what was the problem in details? It would be much easier to get on with it if I new exactly what was the problem with this mysterious piece of kit your secret provider was replacing tonight.
Regards,
Michal
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Michal,
Unfortunately it wasn't the maintenance we posted about that caused the disconnections, there was a period of unrelated maintenance on the Wholesale network overnight. We missed the briefing advising of this and therefore didn't post it to service status, many apologies for that. I'm going to get my head together with the team later and try and come up with a better way of handling the emails for planned wholesale outages so we can ensure they are posted to service status.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
misza222

Thanks for your answer.
May I suggest posting status updates on twitter as well as on the website? This way people may subscribe to it and have message delivered to their mobile if internet is down.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Service Status/Planned Maintenance posts are automatically posted to Twitter from the Usertools RSS feed like this.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

misza222

You can hardly monitor status on plus.net main twitter account as you have 30+ tweets a day and most of the stuff I am not interested in. So status updates are lost in junk for me. Maybe you would consider separate account just for status updates as I wrote earlier? And again key is updating status as it happens not few hours after!